Franchising in the Water Sector: Taking over responsibility
Find solutions where they are needed the most
Clean drinking water and a well-functioning sewerage system is a matter of course for people in industrialised Western countries. However, a modern water management system is practically unheard of in many countries around the world. The GWFA’s franchise concept makes a decisive contrib 2000 ution to pushing forward and establishing water sector projects that are urgently needed.
The Global Water Franchise Agency (GWFA) ensures that regions, which have not yet been able to set up a modern water sector, benefit from innovative technologies and efficient management to source water and treat wastewater. The aim is to combine expert knowledge, skill and technology to carry out projects for the sustainable improvement of water supply, sanitation and wastewater treatment globally, for the benefit of people and the environment.
No matter whether it is a question of water supply or wastewater treatment - using the franchise solutions, the GWFA strives to achieve the targets of improving quality of life and protecting the environment in a sustainable manner.
If you want to learn more about the Global Water Franchise Agency and all the benefits and opportunities of franchising in the water sector, please visit the GWFA website at www.waterfranchise.com.
Water franchise is the solution …
- Technology: … if mature technology is not locally available.
- Financing: … if banks hesitate to finance projects because local companies cannot provide requested references.
- Cost Efficiency: … to reduce project costs because the applied technology can be used for many projects.
- Speed: … because the required technology is quickly available and ready to use due to the standardised organisational and financial structure of franchising.
- Quality: … because cheap solutions turn out to be expensive in the long run. Quality has its price but saves costs in the long run through durable efficiency and reliability. Good solutions are efficient and economical in the medium and long term. After all, sustainability is what it’s all about.
- Strengthening of local companies through making available global resources and experience
- Local companies can gather know-how and management experience through cooperation with strong international partners.
- They learn the methodology of project management from planning to commissioning and the importance of service with a long-term orientation.
- Franchising means mutual support and cooperation on a basis of mutual trust with the aim to develop a sustainably fruitful cooperation.
- Franchising offers the customer the guarantee to get a plant that exactly meets his specific requirements and is efficient and cost-effective also in the long run
From a traditional model...
“International players“ are commissioned especially for the implementation of challenging and complex projects in developing countries. The contractor supplies engineering services and components to the customer, usually a water, wastewater, waste or industrial company. Frequently, the contractor is also commissioned to guarantee operation for a defined time. To save costs, the contractor commissions local subcontractors to build, install and operate the equipment.
… to a modern franchise concept
The GWFA franchise model turns around the conditions: The client commissions a local company. Their deep knowledge of the local situation represents a great advantage in project implementation. The client primarily deals with this local partner and costs are reduced. But as local companies in most cases lack the know-how and resources required to successfully implement a project on their own, they need an experienced international partner, a franchisor. The franchisor will support the franchisee offering him technical, commercial, organisational and financial solutions.
It is consequently a partnership that bundles the strengths of the parties involved for their mutual success – a win-win situation. A project processed in accordance with GWFA specifications offers not only the conventional guarantee that the supplied plant meets the specification requirements but is also able to deliver or even exceed the required performance for a long time and not only until expiry of warranty.
Three strong partners stand behind GWFA, all of them with a high reputation in water management, who already have implemented numerous projects in the fields of water supply and wastewater disposal, worldwide:
Remondis Group - one of the worlds largest environmental and water service providers.
HUBER SE - internationally leading manufacturer of machines and systems for wastewater and sludge treatment, water processing and process engineering.
Prof.Dr.Ing.Dr.rer.pol.K.-U. Rudolph GmbH - consulting specialists known as top driver of innovations, whenever it comes to “water and money”, efficient water engineering and financing models.